Google

Thursday, March 31, 2005

 

the blindness - more on existentilism

When CJ left the book at my desk, I didn't know. I didn't know how much I'd grow fond of this book, 'The Blindness' by Saramango.

Afterward, I started scanning web and local bookstores for more of Saramango's writing.

This brought back my memory of 'My lime Orange Tree' I read in Korean translation when I was a kid.

Are all south american writers favour this style? It's almost like a landscape, probing under human skin in most quiet and unnoticed way. Before I know it, I was completely hooked. Hooked on the concept, on writing style, ...
Thinking deep, deeper, and deeper. Probe into my own limit, and trying to find out how much of life is common and how much of it is so grand and spectacular.

like tropical weather, there's calm sea with beautiful sand, clear water, and most terrifying big-scale storm lurking behind hot blazing sun.

how will I fare?
The book actually surfaced what I've been asking in back of my mind, forever and ever.

Do I really understand what the author's trying to narrate?
I wonder.

A book that has more question than answer, shakes one's world more than giving reassurance.
Simply unforgettable, tho.

How do we all fare under certain circumstance? Like sudden and unexplainable blindness that would leave one completely unprepared and feeling inadequate?
How would I fare under this circumstance?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?