Google

Thursday, March 31, 2005

 

unbearble lightness of being - is existentialism dead?

Solitude,
Loneliness,
Fight w/ self,
Fight against world,
...

the title 'Unbearble lightness of Bing' describes the concept behind existentialism well, I think.
the reason I readily accepted the book when recommanded.

after reading this book, the fever caught me to the point where I madly collected all Kundera's work, and all works about him.

and, by pure chance, I even saw this book made into a movie. well, I wasn't all that crazy about that movie.

Unbearable!
For some reason that word was very attractive.
unbearable,
unbearable lightness,
unbearable lightness of being!
Does this mean feeling invisible? Or does this mean responsible & dutiful all the time, and not knowning own self, own worth?
What does this mean?
And, how much of lightness?
Why so unbearable?

psych of four main characters, and their native self and how they're modified by each other, and how much their relationship to each other affects them.
There's certain mystery in it.

Of course, one can easily read it as just a love story.
But, that's just a basic plot to give context to the narrator's true intention, I think.

For some reason, I enjoyed these charactors' struggle for his/her own existence much more than classic anti-hero Holden, from 'The Catcher in the Rye' by J.D. Salinger.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?