Google

Friday, April 01, 2005

 

Classical Korean Poems - 시조 모음

LETTER



Now my belly is full, treted to a lunch,
I write to myself that has been starving.

You are not overly depressed, are you?
You are used to going hungry, aren't you?

Remember that there were times
when you lived like a lord.

I've been living these twenty years
counting on tomorrow.

And, I write
to you, myself
lest I forget
I am full now.



-- From "Korean Poetry Today : Selected and
translated with an introduction by Jaihiun J. Kim"
at UCB East Asian Library (PL 959.5 K68 1987 EAST)

==> Ch`on, Sangbyong (1930- )
Born in Ch`ang'won, south Kyongsang province, Ch`on went to Seoul
National University for a short period. His literary career started
with his first poems being published in 'Munye(Literary Arts)' in 1952.
He has three books of poems to his credit: 'Bird' (1971), 'At Tavern' (1972)
and 'Ch`on Sangbyong Is a Born Poet' (1973).
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?