Google

Friday, April 01, 2005

 

Classical Korean Poems - 시조 모음

RETURN TO HEAVEN

I will return to heaven
hand in hand with the dew
that distills in the dawning light.

I will return to heaven
in company with the evening-glow
when cloud beckons while I stroll on the shore.

I will return to heaven
the day when my beautiful earthly trip ends.
In heaven I will tell all was so lovely on earth.


-- From "Korean Poetry Today : Selected and
translated with an introduction by Jaihiun J. Kim"
at UCB East Asian Library (PL 959.5 K68 1987 EAST)

==> Ch`on, Sangbyong (1930- )
Born in Ch`ang'won, south Kyongsang province, Ch`on went to Seoul
National University for a short period. His literary career started
with his first poems being published in 'Munye(Literary Arts)' in 1952.
He has three books of poems to his credit: 'Bird' (1971), 'At Tavern' (1972)
and 'Ch`on Sangbyong Is a Born Poet' (1973).
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?