Google

Sunday, April 03, 2005

 

sci-fi attraction : stephen king's

Sci-fi/mysteries are like sweet cookies.

Most of the times, it's not as meaty as serious fictions, non-fictions, or classics.

Yet, once I get my hands on them, it's hard to let go of it. Stay up all night 'til 5am sometimes, missing bus stops at others, and suffering bad dreams at others, there are many reasons to stop. Yet, it's not all that easy. Like that addictive substances in fast food that makes you want more, these page-turners keeps me hooked for hours at times.

I did my best to stay away from Stephen King's. I've seen some of his books made into movies, such as "Fire Starter" or "Salem's Lot." And, recently there was a movie w/ Anthony Hopkins made, as well as that famous "Misery" and a summer scary movie "Dream Catcher."

Well, I picked up "Fire Starter" at a local library's sale for a quarter(25cents) in downtown Berkeley.

Then, when I was going to Boston for 4th of July vacation w/ my sister 2 years ago, I started on "Salems' Lot" and actually went to Salem when I was about finished with the book. I had both "Salem's Lot" and "A Long Walk" in my back-pack, and they kept me up at night in fear.

I do like "Fire Starter" a lot and I think this momentum carried on to "Salem's Lot." Not so familiar to me, yet was pleasantly surprising was "A Long Walk." I kinda sensed both "Fire Starter" and "A Long Walk" had government conspiracy/secret activies in background. "Insomnia" is the only book so far that I had hard time getting into. The title was quiet amusing. Yet, I'm still struggling at 1st chapter. Perhaps if I get through this 1st chapter, it'll move faster and more exciting?
I put it down since last summer, and have been pretty busy and uninterested in it.

Whatever his formular is, it's amazing how many books Stephen King as produced so far, and how many of them became popular and into movies.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?